13YARN Partnership Announcement
July 17, 2023
AMCAP has partnered with 13YARN with the aim to spread awareness of the 13YARN crisis line through branding on our Maintenance Service Kits. This is a very important partnership as our kits reach a large number of people, especially in remote areas. We believe organisations including 13YARN play an extremely important part in aiding our Indigenous Australians.
13YARN is an Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander crisis support line funded by the Australian Government with the support of Lifeline and developed in collaboration with Gayaa Dhuwi (Proud Spirit) Australia. It is run by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Key Points about 13YARN
• First national support line for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in crisis.
• They listen without judgement
• Confidential and anonymous
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Crisis Supporters
• Available 24/7 across the country and accessible by any phone in Australia
• Culturally Safe Space
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander led service management team
You can find out more about 13YARN by clicking here.